Wednesday, October 3, 2012

PB + Honey + Banana Tortilla Snack

http://pinterest.com/pin/231724343298238613/

Pin Rating: 4.5
Duration: ~5 min 

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted any updates.  Been working on sewing my Halloween costume and took a mini vacation last weekend so I've been away from the computer.  Here's a quick snack I made for lunch the other day.  Real easy to make and put together assuming you have all the ingredients ready at home.  When I originally saw this pin on Pintrest I thought it was a PB&J banana tortilla.  I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't jelly and actually honey.  Taste wise I guess it makes more sense this way.  However, I did give it a 4.5 because despite all the honey and butter and banana the tortilla taste stood out and was pretty bland to me.  Also lunch got a little messy with the honey and banana wanting to slide out of the tortilla ever so often.



Ingredients are as follows:
  • Some sort of buttery spread (PB, almond, sunflower seed...etc)
  • Honey
  • 2 Small (~6in tortillas)
  • 1 banana


Tip: Microwave the tortilla for about 20-30 seconds before you do anything.  This will allow for the tortilla to roll/wrap a lot easier without cracking or breaking.  Then I spread the almond butter on.




Drizzle with honey.  (It's a lot harder than you think to do this and take a picture at the same time.  >.<)



Another tip: If your banana has a curve, make sure you place your banana curve side down so that you can flatten the tortilla in the direction of the curve.  It makes it easier to roll the banana.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment