Monday, October 29, 2012

Vanellope von Schweetz Costume: Part 1


Photo Credit: Disney's Wreck-it-Ralph

So I'm pretty excited for Disney's Wreck-it-Ralph coming to theaters November 2.  A Disney movie about video games?  Yes please.  :)  So after watching a few trailers I decided that for my actual Halloween costume I'm going to be Venelope Von Schweetz!  I'm also planning to reuse the costume for opening night at the movies.

While looking around I actually discovered that someone has made a Pintrest board for this costume!  http://pinterest.com/brermatt/vanellope-von-schweetz-costume-wreck-it-ralph/  Great ideas on the board, but just looking around online for a sweater everything seemed to be out of my price range so I decided to rely on my good ol neighborhood Goodwill.  I also put my own little personal touches on the costume.  The next couple of post will be dedicated to how I put together my halloween costume.  Almost must apologize since the camera ran out of battery and I took most of these photos with my phone.  Hope you enjoy the read regardless.


Candy Cane Nails using The Beauty Department's Tape Trick 


Pin Rating: 3
Duration: 30-40 min

  • Painters tape
  • Wet n Wild White nail polish (.97 cents)
  • Wet n Wild Clear Coat (.97 cents)


Remember my red nails from last week?  I decided to repurpose them into candy cane nails to go with my costume.  So I believe this is my first 3 pin rating.  I'm not sure if it was the nail polish, the tape or just my nail polishing skills, but the final results came out a little runny and the lines weren't clean.  It's possible that it could have been a little bit of everything but I'm satisfied with the overall results for my Halloween costume.

I cut up tiny strips of painters tape and lined them up where I wanted them on my nails.


Paint the nail with the white nail polish.  Wait about a minute and peel off the tape.

And after that touch up and top coat and you're done!




Click below for Part 2 & 3 of my costume.









No comments:

Post a Comment