Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PB+Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps




Pin Rating: 5

I feel like it's been a while since I had a pin rating post so I'm starting this off with a 5 pin rating post.  I originally pinned this recipe for PB+Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps because it seemed like a nice quick, easy and delicious recipe to try, and it was!  I'm sure I could have made this dish in one swoop, but since I was taking on so many different dishes the next morning before the party I liked this one because I was able chop and prep it and then refrigerate it.  The recipe card makes 1 serving but I multiplied it for the party so see my adjustments below.

Serves 3
Ingredients :
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 green apple
  • 1 bunch of grapes or 1/3 cup
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter 
  • 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • Iceberg lettuce


I took a short cut and heated up some precooked chicken.  We keep a gigantic Costco sized bag in the freezer as a quick healthy eating option and I was glad I didn't have to buy any more meat this time around.  

I chopped the grapes into little quarters.  I found that it helps if the grapes are frozen so that the knife has a hard contact to slice through. (and my fingers felt safer since I didn't think the grape was going to slip out of my fingers)

I chopped up my apple similar to how I chop my onions.  First chop it in half (since you're only using half anyways) and then make small cuts on the sides.

Then make the cut across to create cubes.

I stored it all together in a container in the fridge overnight. (Remember, you don't have to do that but if you want to cut down prep time it's extremely helpful to do this the night before)

Next morning I took everything out and dumped it into a big bowl and mixed in the PB, mayo & honey.

Mix, mix, mix.

And when everything is evenly coated it's done. All you have to do next is wash and arrange your lettuce for your guest to help themselves with the wrapping part and you're all set.  I'm not sure if it was because the serving size was small or just delicious, but this dish was the first to go during our game day.  I'm sure it will also be just as delicious in a sandwich if you wanted to take it to go.  I can't wait to make this dish again!

No comments:

Post a Comment