Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Copy Cat Applebee's Spinach Artichoke Dip

Copy Cat Applebee's Spinach Artichoke Dip

I ran across an awesome blog on Pintrest in search of this artichoke dip - The Budget Savvy Diva.  Her website is filled with tons of budget friendly recipes and deals.  Definitely check it out if you have the chance.  I did make minor changes to the amounts in the ingredients but the items are still all the same.

Also, before I dive into the blog post I wanted to give a quick shout out to the members of http://bloggingitforward.com/ for helping me make some changes to my blog.  So you'll probably see some changes to the website in the near future, and it will all be for a better blogging experience for you and me.  :)


Pin Rating: 4.5

This recipe was easy to make and tasted great.  However, I think there is probably a more delicious spinach dip out there.  Even though this dip was served fresh, it didn't seem as too many people were eating it.  My friends seemed to have gravitated towards other dishes that was served.  I also realized I didn't take too many pictures because it was my last dish that needed to go into the oven and the guest were already arriving.

Ingredients:
  • 10oz bag of fresh spinach
  • 14oz artichoke hearts drained & chopped
  • 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 8-10oz alfredo sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 4 oz softened cream cheese
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • Chips or bread for dipping ;)
Oven 350 degrees.  Bake time 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven.  In a large bowl, combine the parmesan, mozzarella, softened cream cheese and alfredo.  I didn't mix the alfredo because I read BSD's post too quickly.  Make sure you soften the cream cheese too!  Otherwise it's going to be really hard to mix them all together.

Mix in the artichoke, spinach, garlic, and black pepper together.  Mix mix mix.  

Place it in a round casserole dish or oven safe 8x8 dish.  Spread it in the baking dish evenly.  Spread some extra mozzarella in on top and then pop it into the oven for 30 minutes.  You should probably broil it for the last 5 minutes so that it can get that crispy brown look that BSD had in her picture.

Let it cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment