Friday, December 14, 2012

Some completed projects

So I'm taking a mini break in blog posting today to update you guys on some completed projects.  I didn't want to post the pictures since they were gifts, but my friends and I celebrated a little early last weekend and opened up the gifts already.  Here's a final look at 2 of the projects.



For the Scrabble pillow cases I used my own template and fabric marker.  I love the clean look the fabric marker provides for the cases, but unfortunately it uses a lot of ink to fill in the letters.  I'm going to have to use felt lettering for any other pillows I make.  It might take longer, but it's not worth buying a pack of fabric markers just so I can use all of the black.  I'm going to go back to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's to look for a thick black marker sold individually which might work better for me.

If you would like your own set of Scrabble Pillow cases but don't have the time to make them, I have them for sale in my Etsy shop.





Here's the final design of the Off the shoulder t-shirt.  I designed and hand drew the minnie myself (inspired by Vintage Minnie) using the fabric markers I had purchased for the Scrabble pillow cases.  Isn't it cute?!



No comments:

Post a Comment