Friday, November 15, 2013

Training with Disney

Sorry, yet another non crafty related blogpost talking about Disney...but I promise the next one will be crafty.  :)  I just really wanted to share some cool photos from my first day of training.  Nothing too crazy since the majority of it was in a lecture hall/auditorium and we were told not to take any photos in the backlot area, but I did get some photos that I thought were cool and shareable!

Cool sign that I think really goes unnoticed when you're pulling into the Casting area.  There's an additional fencing that divides the street and the sidewalk so when you're driving in the sign is covered.  I had to walk from the parking structure to the sidewalk to get a picture of this sign.


I know that we're all used to the Mickey and Friend's Lot as guest, but even the cast member parking lot has Disney characters greeting you and reminding which floor you were on.

The first day of training was called Disney Traditions.  We take the classes at Disney University!  This made me super giddy because it made me think of Monsters University. We learned a lot about the history of Walt and his vision for Disneyland.  We also watched this clip of his speech from Disneyland's opening day and I admit I teared up listening to it.  It was almost as if Walt himself was welcoming me to his company....

  

There were a lot of surprises that day and overall the training was quite magical.  I've had it explained to me that when you first start working at Disneyland it's like having pixie dust in your eyes.  Everything is so sparkly and magical. I hope my pixie dust lasts a long time.  ;)


At the end of the first day we received our name tags and ID badges and it was such a happy moment for me.  I'm sooooooooo excited to have my own Disneyland name tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment