Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DIY Jewelry Holder


Pin Rating: 5
Difficulty: Easy
Cost: Under $10
Original Pin Here

I've been looking for a quick and cute way to display my jewelry and earrings at the craft fairs and I've finally found it!  It's super cute and quick to make and I had all the materials already laying around the house.

  • Picture frame to hang or stand on a table.  Remove the glass piece.
  • Hot glue gun/hot glue
  • Lace (the more holes in the design the better)



Remove the backing from the picture frame.  Keep the backing because that is how you will make the frame stand once you're done.  Measure out strips of lace fabric across the frame.  Make sure to pull the lace taught so that when it's glued down it will be able to hold the weight of your jewelry without sagging.

I decided to go with 3 strips for my frame.  Glue the pieces down and remember to pull them tight when you glue them down.

Make sure your lace is nice and flat and up against the border of the frame.

You don't want it to bulk up or go outside of the frame area in case the backing won't close because the lace was too thick.

Once it's all glued down you can go ahead and put your backing back in.  And you're done!  Time to hang up your earrings.  For larger frames you can also hang necklaces down from the top lace.

And I thought this picture was too cute not to share.  Patches was sunbathing at my feet while I was taking the photo.  :)  She's such a cutie.


No comments:

Post a Comment