Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Egg Drop - Breakfast in the oven

Brand new to blogging so please forgive the frequent post changes and format updates. And not to mention phone quality photos I'll be sharing.  I'm recently unemployed and have a lot more free time on my hands so I was trying to figure out what to fill that idle time with (besides the job searching of course).  My interest are kind of all over the place: all things Disney, crafting/sewing/DIY, cooking, party planning, cosplaying, etc...so blogging about one thing wouldn't work out for me.

Lucky there's Pintrest where all of my different interest are organized!  Not to mention some of the best and nifty ideas can be found on Pintrest.  I realized that there are so many pins and pinboards to flip through but how many of those things do we actually use/try in real life?  So this blog will be filled with my attempts to find some of the best and easiest pins to try out.  I'll try to rate the pins on how realistic they are to do or not based on a 1-5 pin rating (5 being the easiest and best) to help other pinners out.

So here goes...


Today's pinspiration came from a pin from foodgawker.com (http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/egg-drop).



Ingredients: Onion, ham, cherry tomatoes (Thanks Kathryn ), shredded cheese, smokies

* Chop ingredients then saute
* Distribute evenly into oiled ramekins
* Add some shredded cheese
* Crack an egg and drop it into the ramekin. (I only made 2 to eat so I put the other 2 in the fridge for tomorrow.) Made sure to pop the yolk and get the egg to spread spreaded evenly.
* Popped it in the mini toaster oven which was preheated to 350 degrees.
* After 10-15 minutes pulled them out - added salt pepper and nom nom nom!


Pin Rating: 4.5

This is a super simple pin recipe that didn't take that much time to prep and put together and turned out delicious.  I didn't think it was a 5 star only because of the fact that if you're already sauteing all the ingredients why wait another 15 min and just break the eggs into the frying pan?  But it is good for if you're making breakfast for more than 2-4 people and/or want to just pop the ramekin in the oven and get something else ready or ready for work.  I also liked it because the ingredients are simple and should be a part of your household staples so you should be able to whip it up.  Also easy to make this in bulk on a sunday and don't break the egg in it and save that for another day so breakfast can really be ready in 15 minutes! 

Downside is if you don't already own ramekins but there's a second pin where they made it with cupcake/muffin tins as an alternative to ramekins.

No comments:

Post a Comment