Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cookin' Cowgirl's Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies




Cookin' Cowgirl's Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies


Pin Rating: 5
Duration to complete: 55 min


I can never resist sprinkles.  Love them on my dounuts, cookie, cake, etc!  So when I saw this pin for funfetti cookies I knew I had to make them.  Also, I never made box cake cookies before but I've heard of it, so I thought it would be a fun experiment.  Cookin' Cowgirl provides an awesome step by step baking process for these cookies so it was easy to follow along to complete.

Only complaint is that I made the mistake of going to the store without a copy of the recipe so I didn't get the right box mix.  I just assumed it was a white cake mix so you'll see in the picture I have a Pillsbury Classic White mix instead of a "vanilla cake mix".  I'm not sure if there's a difference but I'd say the cookies still turned out yummy so it wasn't a complete failure. One other curious thing was that the box I bought was only 15.25 oz, not 18.25oz so my recipe yielded only 23 cookies.  I'm sure I could of had more cookies if I made them smaller but who wants smaller cookies??  Another rant is that the small pack of sprinkles cost just as much as the cake box mix!  Note to self: Need to find somewhere that sells sprinkles in bulk if I ever make this again.

5 pin rating because this is easy to make and delicious to eat. :)


    makes 30-32
1 box vanilla cake mix, 18.25 oz
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C color sprinkles 










Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large box mix baking powder and cake mix.
Then in a smaller bowl mix eggs oil and vanilla.   Everything mixes up looks seperated and super oily.

Mix them all together.  Doesn't need to be mixed for too long.
So the recipe calls for 1 Cup sprinkles and this dinkly little thing barely provides 1/2 a cup.  Final result turned out okay but it was just a bit annoying to know 1 container of sprinkles wasn't enough.

Love the way this looks!

Using a tablespoon to scoop the dough onto a baking tray with silpat. The batter is so oily that it's no issue to scoop and literally plop them onto the baking tray.  Pop them into the oven for 10 minutes.  


Patches trying to check what's so shiny.  :) So for comparison purposes I also took a baking tray and covered it in foil to see if it will come out any different.

All puffed up in the oven after 10 minutes.  They still looked underbaked to me so I put them in for another 1 min.

Took them out and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 mins like instructed.
The cookies on the foil ended up browning a little more on the bottom.  Either it was due to the foil or the oven was hotter, not sure.
Side by side comparison of the bottom of the cookies.
Inside of the cookie from the first batch. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment