Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dapper Day Dress WIP

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA after the Christmas season. Work started to pick up and I've also been busy planning my Dapper Day outfit. For those of you unfamiliar with Dapper Day check them out at www.dapperday.com. It's an unofficial event at Disneyland where guest attend in their finest 1950s attire. This event was inspired by the vintage Disneyland posters where you see all the guest attending the parks in their Sunday best.

I've been working with my friend and her mother in law to manipulate an already existing pattern into a dress of my size. Unfortunately I don't have a super skinny waist so there were a lot of inches to be added to the pattern.

Note to self, tracing paper is your friend when you don't fit a pattern exactly.



Also a nifty tip is that you should always do a mock up of your pattern on a cheaper material before you cut into your final fabric. This allows for you to tweak your pattern without wasting your nicer fabric.

So here's what my dress looked like after my mock up.

I already love the way it drapes! But there's still a lot that needs to be done.

Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more up to date Work In Progress photos. @simplypinspirational





No comments:

Post a Comment