Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dapper Day 2014 @ Disneyland



Ahh...Dapper Day has come and gone and I'm still dreaming about how much fun I had and all the wonderful outfits I've seen.  After spending so much time dreaming, planning, and working on my Dapper Day dress (some WIP photos found here) I can't believe the day has come and gone so quickly.  The park was crowded but I had a great time ooooing and awwwing over everyone's outfit.  The only thing I regret about Dapper Day was not waking up early enough to get into the park (parking was a nut house) and not being able to go with a big group.  Most of my photos are of my boyfriend and I so I apologize for the lack of variety in dapper outfits, but hopefully you'll enjoy my photos regardless.  :)  All photos are my own personal photos unless otherwise credited.

Wanted Flynn Rider for looking dashingly dapper.  (Fun fact, he actually put the outfit together himself!  The only thing I had a hand in was the bowtie that I had sewn for him as a gift for Christmas)

Oh look, I found a floating lantern at Disneyland!  

I'm really happy with the way my dress turned out considering it's the first full dress I've ever sewn.  I used the Retro Butterick B4790 pattern for the dress and had help altering it to fit.  Then I fussed with the dress until it was a design to my liking.  I also hand stenciled and painted out the design on the front of the dress.  It took forever but it was worth it!  Hat was purchased at the dollar store (thank goodness they're stocking for Easter already) along with some fake flowers and then I used some left over fabric to create the extra dapper touch.  


Obligatory photo in front of the castle.

Obligatory photos on the Mark Twain Columbia River Boat.  We hopped on the boat right before the meet up of 2pm for Dapper Day and I'm glad we did because we avoided the crowds and still got to take some nice photos on the boat.

Enjoying the river view.

Photo at the entrance.  :)

Looking out from inside my tower ;)

Oh hey, look who I found!


Ran into this really cute dapper group.  thatprincessgirl is Briar Rose and I'm not sure who the lovely fairies are.

They were kind enough to let us take a photo with them despite not being from the same film.  :)  Briar Rose and Prince Phillip from The Adventure Effect.

[Photo Credit: Beetanz Photography More Dapper Day Photo from Beetanz Photography can be found on their Facebook page.] 

We then ventured over to CA Adventure and walked along Buena Vista street.

 Super excited when we ran into Dapper Mickey ;)

I fit right into this billboard, wouldn't you say?

Until next time Dapper Day.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment