Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No Carve Lace Pumpkin



Pin rating: 4.5
Original Pin: www.pinterest.com/pin/241998179948381288/

Another Halloween related blogpost today!  I love love love Halloween.  Or maybe I just love the holidays.  I believe October kicks off the holiday season right?  Today's post is similar to last year's no carve pumpkin decorating I did.  Don't remember it?  Click the link to check out my Bedazzled pumpkin post.  I picked this no carve pumpkin design for a few of reasons.



One, I wanted something quick and easy.   Two, I already had the materials on hand.  Three, it was one of the adventures for Capture California's Facebook Friday so I had to complete the pumpkin design in less than 24 hours. (Capture California is a game I'm currently playing which any of your outdoor lovers in CA should check out.)  And lastly I needed a design to display until the end of October for Halloween since a carved pumpkin would probably only last 1-2 weeks after carving it if left unbleached.  So this design was perfect.  ^_^

4.5 pin rating since the pin doesn't actually lead to any instructions or look like it's from an original source.  Also, if anyone knows how to work with lace and hot glue let me know because I managed to burn my fingers multiple times pressing the lace down onto the hot glue to set it in place.

What you'll need:

  • 1-2 different lace design/color of your choice - depending on pumpkin size so length will vary
  • Hot glue gun/hot glue
  • Scissors
  • Green Zippers (optional)


No step by step photos, but here's a little stop motion video of my progress of my pumpkin decorating:




Steps:

  1. Start by gluing your first piece of fabric to the top/stem area of your pumpkin.  
  2. Measure out the length of the lace to the bottom end of the pumpkin.
  3. Cut the lace & glue it to the bottom.
  4. Space the next lace (alternate lace design if you like) an inch or two apart from the first lace on top and glue it down.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 until your pumpkin is to your liking.
  6. For top vines of pumpkin make sure you start with your zipper piece unzipped and then glue it down to the top closest to the stem.
  7. Take individual zipper strand and curl and glue into vine like shape.
    1. It helps to curl a small segment at the top of the zipper first, and then glue it down to the pumpkin.  Then move further down the zipper continuing to twist and glue the curls into the pumpkin to help it keep it's curled vine look.

Close up of the top of the pumpkin.

Happy decorating! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment